The Concluding Section of the Book: The Apocalypse of Weeks.
fter this, Enoch began to speak from a book.
And Enoch said, Concerning the children of righteousness, concerning the elect of the world, and concerning the plant of righteousness and integrity. Concerning
these things will I speak, and these things
will I explain to you, my children: I who
am Enoch. In consequence of that which has been shown to me, from my heavenly vision and from the voice of the holy angels (129)
have I acquired knowledge; and from the tablet of heaven have I acquired understanding.
(129) Holy angels. A Qumran text reads, "Watchers and Holy Ones," clearly denoting heavenly Watchers who did not fall along with the wicked ones (Milik, p. 264). See also Dan. 4:13, "a watcher and a holy one came down from heaven"; Dan. 4:17, "watchers, and... holy ones."
Enoch then began to speak from a book, and said, I have been born the seventh in the first week, while judgment and righteousness wait with patience.
But after me, in the second week, great wickedness shall arise, and fraud shall spring forth. In that week the end of the first shall take place, in which mankind shall be safe. (130)
But when the first
is completed, iniquity shall grow up; and during the second week
he shall execute the decree (131)
(130) Mankind shall be safe. Or, "a man will be saved" (Knibb, p. 224). (131) The Deluge after the first (in the middle of the second) Millennium (2500 B.C.).
Afterwards, in the third week, during its completion, a man (132)
of the plant of righteous judgment shall be selected; and after him the Plant (133)
of righteousness shall come for ever.
(132) King David at the end of the third Millennium (1000 B.C.). (133) The Messiah at the end of the fourth Millennium (4 B.C. to 30 A.D.).
Subsequently, in the fourth week, during its completion, the visions of the holy and the righteous shall be seen, the order of generation after generation shall take place
, and a habitation shall be made for them.
Then in the fifth week, during its completion, the house of glory and of dominion (134)
shall be erected for ever.
(134) The establishment (30 A.D.) and building of the Church through the fifth (and sixth) Millennium.
After that, in the sixth week, all those who are in it shall be darkened, the hearts of all of them shall be forgetful of wisdom, and in it shall a Man (135)
arise and come forth. And during its completion He shall burn the house of dominion with fire, and all the race of the elect root shall be dispersed. (136)
(135) The Messiah at the end of the sixth Millennium. (136) The destruction of Jerusalem and the disbursement of those who dwell in that land at the end of the sixth (and the beginning of the seventh) Millennium.
Afterwards, in the seventh week, a perverse generation shall arise; abundant shall be its deeds, and all its deeds perverse.
During its completion, the righteous shall be selected from the everlasting plant of righteousness; and to them shall be given the sevenfold doctrine of his whole creation.
Who is there of all the children of men, capable of hearing the voice of the Holy One without emotion? Who is there capable of thinking his thoughts? Who capable of contemplating all the workmanship of heaven? Who of comprehending the deeds of heaven?
He may behold its animation, but not its spirit. He may be capable of conversing respecting it
, but not of ascending to it
. He may see all the boundaries of these things, and meditate upon them; but he can make nothing like them.
Who of all men is able to understand the breadth and length of the earth? By whom have been seen the dimensions of all these things?
Is it every man who is capable of comprehending the extent of heaven; what its elevation is, and by what it is supported? How many are the numbers of the stars; and where all the luminaries remain at rest?
Enoch the Prophet 1821 |
Book of Enoch 1882 |
Book of Enoch 1912 |
Ethiopian Book of Enoch |
Mashafa Henok |
Mäshäfä Henok |
Propheten Enoch 1826 |
Henochs Bok 1901 |
Compare Ge'ez |
Biblical Cosmology |
The Book of Enoch Interlinear is a part of the Swedish website